SV: VS: MAKING SOCIAL SCIENCE MATTER

Bent Flyvbjerg bf at I4.AUC.DK
Fri May 4 06:10:38 UTC 2001

  Dear Scott.
  Thanks for bringing my attention to your father's book. It looks like a book I must know and I have just ordered it.

  Best,

  Bent

  Bent Flyvbjerg wrote:

    -----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
    Fra: Feminists in Linguistics [mailto:FLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG] på vegne af Scott Kiesling
    Sendt: 1. maj 2001 15:13
    Til: FLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
    Emne: Re: MAKING SOCIAL SCIENCE MATTER

    Hi Bent-
    The title and summary of your book reminds me of my late father's work, who had a book appear in 2000 (Collective Goods, Neglected Goods: Dealing with Methodological Failure in the Social Sciences). If you don't know about it, here's a link.

    http://www.wspc.com.sg/books/economics/4077.html

    If you do know of it I'd like to hear what you think.

    Scott

    Scott Kiesling, E-mail: kiesling at pitt.edu

    Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics

    University of Pittsburgh, 2816 Cathedral of Learning, Pittsburgh, PA 15260

    Tel: 412-624-5916, Fax: 412-624-6130

    Original Message dated 5/1/01, 3:03:54 AM

    Author: Bent Flyvbjerg <bf at I4.AUC.DK>

    Re: MAKING SOCIAL SCIENCE MATTER:

    Dear colleagues,

    With this note I would like to let you know that my new book MAKING SOCIAL SCIENCE MATTER: WHY SOCIAL INQUIRY FAILS AND HOW IT CAN SUCCEED AGAIN has just been published by Cambridge University Press. The book is being published as a CUP textbook. I include the following for your information:

    - The Table of Contents
    - The book's back cover text.

    I hope this is useful. Please feel free to forward this message to any relevant person or listserv.

    If this mail is of no interest to you, I am sorry and apologize for the inconvenience. Also apologies for any cross posting.

    Best wishes,

    Bent Flyvbjerg, Professor
    Aalborg University, Dept. of Development and Planning
    9220 Aalborg, Denmark
    email: flyvbjerg at i4.auc.dk

  --
  Bent Flyvbjerg