Italian sex differences

Mark Green mmbg2 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Aug 23 12:02:21 UTC 2002

I am currently doing research for a comparative dissertation on sex
differences (ie
the way that men and women speak) in Italian and British English.
Unfortunately, the only italian studies I can find are now quite dated.
Does anyone know of any study (even generally sociolinguistic) that has
statistics for or makes reference to sex differences in Italian that have
been conducted in the last 10 or 15 years?
Any mention of comparative sociolinguistic studies between Italian and
English ould also be gratefully received,
with thanks,

Mark Green
Trinity College
Cambridge