forward: Gender-biased language

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Thu Jan 24 00:35:43 UTC 2002

With apologies for cross-posting. I received the following request and was
unable to help this writer out. If anyone out there does have information
that would help her, could you please contact her directly at the e-mail
address below?

Thanks,

Mary

I am a freelance writer who publishes often in
magazines for teen girls and young women (YM,
Mademoiselle, Girls' Life etc) and came across your
name/email address on  a web page titled Resources for
Language and Gender Studies.  I am interested in
putting together an article about young women who are
active against the use of gender-biased language, and
wonder if you might be able to put me in touch with
college or high school activists.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you might be
able to offer.

Best regards,
Audrey Brashich

=====