Senior Project

DeAnn Grinsteinner grin0053 at UMN.EDU
Wed Nov 6 15:32:28 UTC 2002

 To whom this may concern:

I received this address from Professor Amy Sheldon.  I am in one of her
classes, and working on my senior paper.  I am studying the language of
pornography.  I am sending this e-mail in hopes that someone may have some
information on any studies that have been done, concerning this topic, or
of any films that would contain a good narrative in which I could examine
the language and gender aspects of the work.  I have already read the
following works relating to the language of pornography:

Hall's "Lip Service on the Fantasy Lines"
Sutton's "Bitches and Skankly Hobags"
Livia's "I ought to throw a Buick at You"
MacKinnon's "Only Words"

If you have any suggestions for further readings or film choices, please
let me know.  I would appreciate your help very much!

Thank you for your time,

DeAnn Grinsteinner