Historical question

Robin Queen rqueen at UMICH.EDU
Fri Oct 4 19:17:42 UTC 2002

A colleague of mine who is primarily a literary scholar and cultural
historian is working on a project concerning same-sex love among women in
the 18th and 19th centuries and she asked me if I knew of any research that
might shed light on the ways in which many of these women described
themselves and their relationships (e.g. They typically did not use terms
like "sapphist", but rather terms like "morbid friendships").

Do any of you have suggestions I could offer her?

Thanks
Robin

--
Robin M. Queen
Asst. Professor of Linguistics and Germanic Linguistics

Mailing Address
Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1275