gender and terms of address

Cecilia Robustelli ceciliarobustelli at LIBERO.IT
Mon Nov 3 15:53:21 UTC 2003

You may want to have a look at
'Lingua e identità di genere', Studi Italiani di Linguistica Teorica e
Applicata, XXIX, 2000, 507-527 (anche in Serravalle E. (cur.), 2000, Saperi
e libertà, Progetto Polite, Associazione Italiana Editori, Milano, pp.
53-68).

On-line at www.aie.it/polite, also in English/French/Spanish/Portuguese at
http://www.aie.it/polite/vademecum.htm

Greetings,

Cecilia

----- Original Message -----
From: "Claudia Bubel" <c.bubel at MX.UNI-SAARLAND.DE>
To: <FLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 3:06 PM
Subject: gender and terms of address

Dear Ana María

A recent article on gender and ToA is:

McConnell-Ginet, Sally. 2003. "What's in a name?" Social labeling and
gender practices. The handbook of language and gender, ed. by Janet Holmes
and Miriam Meyerhoff, 69-97. Oxford: Blackwell.

I am personally interested in the use of endearments amongst female
friends. Please let me know, if you come accross anything relating to this
topic.

Good luck with your research,

Claudia

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Claudia Bubel
Fachrichtung 4.3 Anglistik
Universitaet des Saarlandes
Postfach 15 11 50
D-66041 Saarbruecken

Tel.: +49 - 681 - 302 - 2270
e-mail:  c.bubel at mx.uni-saarland.de
url: http://www.uni-saarland.de/fak4/norrick/

Everyday language is a part of the human organism and is no less
complicated than it. - Ludwig Wittgenstein