help with a source

Janet Bing jbing at ODU.EDU
Thu Jul 15 13:36:48 UTC 2004

Cecilia,
   I think that Mary M. Talbot's Language and Gender: An Introduction
chapter 3 has references to this.

Dr. Janet Bing
Graduate Program Director
Applied Linguistics
Department of English
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, VA 23529-0078

(757) 683-4030
FAX (757) 683-3241

                      "Cecilia E. Ford"
                      <ceford at WISC.EDU>             To:       FLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
                      Sent by: Feminists in         cc:
                      Linguistics                   Subject:  help with a source
                      <FLING at LISTSERV.LINGUI
                      STLIST.ORG>

                      07/15/2004 08:34 AM
                      Please respond to List
                      for Feminists in
                      Linguistics

Somewhere (and I thought it was the Crawford Talking Difference text) there
was an account of who buys popular books on women, men and language.  The
point was that, although the intention is to help with communication across
these genders, it is women who seem to be doing the work.

Does anyone know where I might have found this information?

thanks!

Cecilia E. Ford
Professor
Department of English
and Women in Science and Engineering Leadership Institute
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison WI 53706

http://www.wisc.edu/english/html_faculty/members.htm#ford

http://wiseli.engr.wisc.edu/