help with a source

Conrick, Maeve MConrick at FRENCH.UCC.IE
Thu Jul 15 13:45:35 UTC 2004

Cecilia,
I think Deborah Cameron's Verbal Hygiene discusses this. I don't have the
book to hand, so can't give the exact reference.
Maeve

Dr Maeve Conrick
Senior Lecturer
Department of French
University College Cork
National University of Ireland Cork
Cork, Ireland
Tel: 353 21 4902653/ 4902552/ 4902702
Fax: 353 21 4903284
Email: mconrick at french.ucc.ie

-----Original Message-----
From: Cecilia E. Ford [mailto:ceford at WISC.EDU]
Sent: 15 July 2004 13:35
To: FLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: help with a source

Somewhere (and I thought it was the Crawford Talking Difference text) there
was an account of who buys popular books on women, men and language.  The
point was that, although the intention is to help with communication across
these genders, it is women who seem to be doing the work.

Does anyone know where I might have found this information?

thanks!

Cecilia E. Ford
Professor
Department of English
and Women in Science and Engineering Leadership Institute
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison WI 53706

http://www.wisc.edu/english/html_faculty/members.htm#ford

http://wiseli.engr.wisc.edu/