IGALA Book Prize

akin tunji akinbiej at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 1 13:04:29 UTC 2008

Dear Prof Mills,
     Happy New Year, Ma. I wish you all that you wish yopurself in 2008. Please could you e mail me a copy of the paper you wrote for th Leeds conference on Linguistic Politeness on Gender and Indirectness? I would be most grateful.
        Kindest regards,
      Akin.

"Mills, Sara" <S.L.Mills at SHU.AC.UK> wrote:
  Apologies to all on this list; I put the wrong dates in this announcement. The annoucement should read that IGALA is offering a book prize for any gender and language books published between 2006 and 2007. The prize is a biennial prize and it will always be awarded at the IGALA conference.
Apologies
Sara

________________________________

From: Feminists in Linguistics on behalf of Mills, Sara
Sent: Wed 28/11/2007 11:45
To: FLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: IGALA Book Prize

International Gender and Language Book Prize; IGALA is offering a prize for the best gender and language book 2005-6; this will be awarded at the IGALA conference 2008 in New Zealand. If you have published a book in this period on gender and language and would like it to be considered for the prize, contact your publisher and ask them to contact me about further details.
Thanks
sara Mills

Prof. Sara Mills, English, Sheffield Hallam University, Owen Building, Sheffield S1 1WB
Linguistic Politeness Research Group: http://politeness.lboro.ac.uk

Journal of Politeness Research: http://www.degruyter.com/journals/jpr/detailEn.cfm

Discourse Analysis OnLine: www.shu.ac.uk/daol

International Gender and Language Association: http://www.stanford.edu/group/igala