Gender and Language: call for book reviewers

Georgina Turner G.Turner at LBORO.AC.UK
Wed Nov 6 11:51:34 UTC 2013

Gender & Language has a number of new and recently published books to be reviewed. If you would like to write about any of the volumes listed below – or want to suggest a review of other relevant books - please contact the Book Review Editor, Georgina Turner, with details of your interest (see email address below, please do not 'Reply' to a list email). We are also keen to commission review essays that engage with multiple (recent) pieces of research and scholarship.

Language, Gender and Power: The Politics of Representation and Hegemony in South Asia.
http://www.oup.com.pk/shopexd.asp?id=3576

Conversation and Gender
http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/psychology/personality-psychology-and-individual-differences/conversation-and-gender

The Guidebook to Sociolinguistics
http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0631228667.html

Using Corpora to Analyse Gender
http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/using-corpora-to-analyze-gender-9781441110589/

The Gender Communication Connection (Second Edition)
http://www.mesharpe.com/mall/resultsa.asp?Title=The+Gender+Communication+Connection%2C+Second+Edition

** Do not respond to a list email, but to g.turner at lboro.ac.uk<mailto:g.turner at lboro.ac.uk> **
Please note that expressions of interest typically outnumber the books available; your patience in waiting for a response is much appreciated. And, while we're at it, apologies for cross-posting.