FunkNet: query re. grad. school opportunities in UK

the girl-next-planet MAKEE at DAVIDSON.EDU
Mon Dec 18 21:46:22 UTC 1995

Hi there,
    My name's May Kee and I'm an international student currently in my
third-year at Davidson College, North Carolina. I realize this question might
be better directed elsewhere but I am fresh out of ideas as to where at the
moment, so this is the first place I'm starting.

    I'm majoring in Psychology and have a definite interest in going into
Applied Linguistics for a Masters/PhD if possible, but I'm trying to get to the
United Kingdom for that. My interest lies in the area of second-language
acquisition.

    I've tried looking up universities which offer courses in this area, over
the web, but I'd still like some information as to which ones I should look
into and any relevant information about degree transferability between the UK
and the US. I have the University of Edinburgh, Birkbeck College (U. of London)
and Cambridge marked down as possible places, but should I be looking elsewhere
too? I realize it's tough answering questions re. UK universities, but if anyone
could even just point me towards a possible good source of information, I'd be
more than grateful.

Thanking you in advance,
Yours,
 May Kee

                                 L. May Kee
                  P.O. Box 2390, Davidson, NC 28036, U.S.A.
                          makee at pollux.davidson.edu
            http://www.davidson.edu/computing/sa/makee/makee.html