CDs and language

Johanna Rubba jrubba at HARP.AIX.CALPOLY.EDU
Thu Nov 30 23:11:05 UTC 1995

More on CDs....I am in the process of preparing a grant proposal for
linguistic field work and am very interested in CD ROM applications for
both storage and display of linguistic data, including audio
and video as well as text. Unfortunately, I don't know much about CD ROM
technology. Can anyone connect me with Brenda Farnell to ask about her
workshop?  And is anyone else exploring this method of preserving and
organizing field data?

I have been exploring ways to computerize field data, and haven't come up
with much -- a Hypercard program called Rook is available, but won't do
tabs; and SIL has a lot of stuff, but it's all for DOS, and I do Mac. So if
anyone has leads in that area, I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

Jo Rubba
Johanna Rubba   Assistant Professor, Linguistics              =
English Department, California Polytechnic State University   =
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407                                     =
Tel. (805)-756-0117  E-mail: jrubba at oboe.aix.calpoly.edu      =