bees

Tom Payne tpayne at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Sun Apr 6 19:08:51 UTC 1997

Yes, I agree with Matthew. There is a distinct, regular verb "be" that
has a slightly different meaning than the one we think of as the
standard "be." I think the example "He just bees crazy . . . " and
others indicates that it is more volitional than standard "be," and that
it might have the connotation that the resulting state is "less actual"
than analogous expressions with standard "be."

I don't know where this might have been discussed in the literature
either.