esoteric and highly formalized rules

PAMELA PRICE KLEBAUM klebaum at UCLA.EDU
Sat Apr 19 01:37:31 UTC 1997

This has a lot to do with the real world.  My rea of interest is children
as witnesses, and the syntactic issues that make the understanding of
questions/utterances problematic, resulting in a communication problem.
Strong crossover, weak crossover, passive, all these things matter.  As
for charts, prose, they all reflect rules.

        PPK