easily imagined errors

Enrique Figueroa E. efiguero at CAPOMO.USON.MX
Sun Apr 20 03:48:54 UTC 1997

As usual, I won't take sides with this or the other school or sect,
but... The comments included herein seem to me (as well as a child's
linguistic behaviour, at least in many, many languages) conclusive as to
this fact: the basic pattern is the same both for questions and
assertions and could even remain the same for both in some languages or
varieties of a certain language... The difference (which I attribute to a
semantic-communicative need of the child) springs at some stage and
basically consists of different intonation patterns.
Max