No subject

Paul Luce luce at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Thu Dec 18 17:29:24 UTC 1997

***GRADUATE STUDY IN COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY***

The Cognitive Area in the Department of Psychology at the University at
Buffalo is soliciting applications for graduate assistantships.  Our area
has an exciting and productive group of researchers working on current
issues in cognition, perception, and language.  The faculty are active
participants in a dynamic cognitive science community at the University at
Buffalo, which includes the internationally recognized Center for Cognitive
Science.  We offer full graduate student stipends at competitive levels of
funding and have a highly successful record of placing our students in both
academic and industrial settings.

Cognitive Area Faculty at the University at Buffalo:  Barbara Church
(Memory, Cognitive Neuroscience), Paul A. Luce (Word Recognition, Spoken
Language Comprehension), Gail Mauner (Psycholingusitics, Neurolinguistics),
James R. Sawsuch (Speech Perception, Auditory Pattern Recognition), Erwin
Segal (Narrative, Comprehension), J. David Smith (Categorization, Animal
Cognition, Categorization).

For more information, contact Graduate Admissions, Department of
Psychology, Park Hall, University at Buffalo, Buffalo NY 14214-9914, e-mail
us at psych at acsu.buffalo.edu or paul at deuro.buffalo.edu, or visit our web
site at http://wings.buffalo.edu/soc-sci/psychology/cognitive/