deixis and demonstrative pronouns

Luc Garneau lgarneau at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 9 14:33:13 UTC 1997

Hello All -

I hate to interrupt the discussion of syntax, but I have been thinking and
writing about deixis a lot, in particular regarding the different functions of
the demonstrative pronouns "this" and "that".  While I have had relatively
little difficulty finding work on this concept in general (Halliday & Hasan -
Cohesion in English had a nice section), I have had trouble finding a whole lot
further dealing specifically with these words...can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks very much for any help!

Luc Garneau