No subject

John Myhill john at RESEARCH.HAIFA.AC.IL
Thu Jun 19 08:09:52 UTC 1997

I am looking for sociolinguistic information regarding a number of
languages and language situations. I'm looking for people (preferably
linguists) who could tell me something about the sociolinguistic
situation regarding these languages:

Tamil (and other Dravidian languages), Tibetan, Greek, Icelandic,
Swiss German, Armenian, Shona, Igbo, Ewe, Norweigian, Ge'ez, Coptic
(liturgical Egyptian), Haitian Creole, Balinese, Classical Mayan (the
hieroglyphs), Classical Persian (as used among Zoroastrians), Pali,
Panjabi, Latin

References to people who would know about these languages would also be
very much appreciated. Thanks.    John Myhill