Double messages

Spike Gildea spikeg at OWLNET.RICE.EDU
Wed Oct 1 20:26:56 UTC 1997

A number of people have told me that they would like to receive copies of
the e-mail messages they send in to FUNKNET, not least so they would know
that the message had actually been posted to the list.  The uncertainty has
led some to send double and even triple copies of messages.  I apparently
can't set this parameter for the entire list (I would prefer the default to
be that everyone receive copies of their own postings), but those who
prefer to do so can set the parameter individually.

To set or change parameters, send commands to: LISTSERV at rice.edu

To recieve copies of your postings, you need to send the the following command:

SET FUNKNET REPRO

To receive acknowledgement of your posting (presumably without a copy):

SET FUNKNET ACK

To toggle receipt of mail without signing off the list (e.g. to go on vacation):

SET MAIL / NOMAIL

Happy October!  Spike