NLP at Staford

Anne Sing annes at HTDC.ORG
Wed Oct 22 01:39:14 UTC 1997

I just noticed that the Stanford web site has a parser on-line under
the acronym "ERGO" which stands for English Resource Grammar Online."
This parser is at http://eoan.stanford.edu/ergo/parser.html.  (n.b.
there is no "www" in the address).

Please do not confuse that very basic parser with that of Ergo
Linguistic Technoglogies.

We do not mean to imply that a university of that stature would be
so threatened by our parser that it needs to create a decoy, but we
need to point out to those who are looking for our web site to see
what we can do that our web site is at www.ergo-ling.com and it can
do far more than the Stanford site.

We are sure that the Stanford site represents the state of the art
for parsing OUTSIDE of our offices and for that reason Stanford is
not underselling itself, but we do not want to be confused with that
rudimentary art.

Again the very basic site is at: www.eoan.stanford.edu/ergo/parser.html
and the Ergo Linguistics Technology site is at http://ergo-ling.com.

Try both if you'd like to have some fun.

Phil Bralich
President
Ergo Linguistic Technologies
2800 Woodlawn Drive, Suite 175