Constituency

N. Chipere nc206 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Sep 18 12:10:50 UTC 1997

In a reply to the recent query on syntax in different genres, Paul Hopper
referred to a conference on the notion of constituency. I have been unable
to contact Paul Hopper for details of this conference and I would be very
grateful if anyone on the list can tell me anything about it (e.g date,
venue, attendees, paper titles, availability of conference proceedings
etc.) I am also interested in any publications which look at the notion of
constituency critically, eg. its limitations as a descriptive device for
linguistics, its psychological reality or lack of it, etc.

Many thanks.

Ngoni Chipere