Job announcement

Scott Delancey delancey at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Wed Apr 29 22:45:09 UTC 1998

DEPARTMENT OF LINGUISTICS
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
OPEN POOL ANNOUNCEMENT (#049805)

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Oregon seeks
applications for an open pool, for the 1998-1999 academic year. The
Department occasionally needs to cover specific courses in our curriculum
on short notice.  All positions filled through th is advertisement are for
temporary, part time and/or emergency hires.  There will be no permanent
positions filled through this pool.  Teaching positions may be made for
one to two courses a term and may be renewable up to but not over four
terms dependin g on Departmental needs and funds.  For teaching positions,
candidates must show evidence of considerable teaching skill at both
undergraduate and graduate levels.

Qualifications: Ph.D. in Linguistics

Duties: Up to two courses per term of hire (we are on a quarter system)
        Mentor students in research projects, as needed
        Participate in Department life, as appropriate

For teaching and all other Linguistics applicants: Please submit a letter
of application, vita, and names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail
addresses of three references to:  Open Pool 98-99, Department of
Linguistics, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403.  For
consideration for possible Fall 1998 appointments please apply by June 15.

Web address:  http://logos.uoregon.edu

The University of Oregon is an AA/EO/ADA institution committed to cultural
diversity.