Left-handed male linguists

Carl.Mills at UC.EDU Carl.Mills at UC.EDU
Wed Jan 7 15:47:08 UTC 1998

Regarding Danielle Cyr's query, there is a substantial literature on
handedness.  After trying for years to explain that I naturally do some
things, or rather some kinds of things, right-handed and others left-handed,
I read some of the literature and discovered that I am apparently
"incompletely lateralized"--now known as "inconsistently right-handed".  As
in many other things, there may, it seems, be a continuum of handedness.

At the same time, though I am a linguist, I am hardly brilliant.

Carl