HELP

Alicia Vega alicia.vega at VIRGIN.NET
Fri Jul 24 14:39:45 UTC 1998

I am conducting an experiment on the interpretation of novel metaphors.
I need speakers whose mother tongue is English to help me, and finding
them is proving quite difficult at the moment, so I would really
appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to have a look at the
following sentences and provide an interpretation as if they were said
of someone to you; e.g. "he's a car"= fast, reliable, reckless, safe,
whatever you can think of would be of invaluable help.  Thank you.
--------
1.He is a car

2.He is a phone-box

3.He is a zebra-cross