language & music

Esa Itkonen eitkonen at UTU.FI
Tue Mar 31 11:13:04 UTC 1998

Some time ago, in a light-hearted moment, I promised to give a
(popular) talk on
'origin of speech & music' at a forthcoming music festival, although -
literally - I should have known better. Now that the time to deliver is
approaching, I am getting cold feet. Can anyone suggest some relevant (and
hopefully not-too-technical) literature? (I know that Dean Falk is going
to addres this topic next week at Edinborough, and I have already
contacted him. I also seem to remember that Bjorn Lindblom has sometimes
written something on this topic.) - Thank you in advance,
Esa Itkonen