London housing sought spring 1999

Johanna Rubba jrubba at POLYMAIL.CPUNIX.CALPOLY.EDU
Sat May 23 00:00:26 UTC 1998

Dear listers,

There is a strong possibility that I will be teaching in London between
late March and early June, 1999. I am already thinking about possibilities
for a place to live. Temporary accommodations seem to be incredibly
expensive, so I am hoping to find one of the following, in the London
area or within a reasonable commute distance (our classes will be held in
the Birkbeck College building in Bloomsbury):
(a) a room in a private home
(b) a temporary flat-share
(c) a housing-exchange deal (I live in yours in London, you in mine in
sunny California!)

Cost to be negotiated.

I am single, no children, female, non-smoker, fastidious and relatively
neat and well-organized. I do not shy away from my share of housecleaning
and also like to cook (and can!) I may have a visitor from America for a
short time at some point during the visit. I cannot live with smokers or
large dogs. I have lived in England before, so I know to expect (and
respect) things like small fridges and hot water heaters (compared to our
huge appliances here). I keep 'normal' hours (that is, I am diurnal).

Also, I may extend my stay in England past the end of the teaching term. I
might want to stay on in the London area for something between 2 weeks and
a month -- into late June, early July.

Please reply directly to me if you know of any possibilities, and please
forward this to anyone you know who might be able to help me out.

Thank you!
Johanna Rubba   Assistant Professor, Linguistics              ~
English Department, California Polytechnic State University   ~
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407                                     ~
Tel. (805)-756-2184  E-mail: jrubba at polymail.calpoly.edu      ~