the rest of chomsky

David Golumbia dgolumbi at PANIX.COM
Thu Dec 16 19:21:54 UTC 1999

during this intense and often enlightening discussion, this sentence of
recent vintage, by a contributor whose first language appears to me not to
be English, strikes me with special force:

> Chomsky's program has not been properly understaken

rooting out the "problems" in Chomsky's program could (and should) be the
object of even more informed comment than it has already (botha, r[andy]
harris, r[oy] harris, huck/goldsmith, matthews, mccawley, newmeyer) - but
you could take less productive starting points than this fun gem, which to
start with, is*? a specimen of English?

dgolumbi at panix.com
David Golumbia