arbitrary case-marking?

John Myhill john at RESEARCH.HAIFA.AC.IL
Thu Mar 4 14:11:44 UTC 1999

I'm enormously suspicious of claims like this. Linguists typically make
such claims when they can't figure out the motivation themselves. Whenever
I've investigated a claim like this, it's turned out there is a difference
which the
linguist didn't notice for some reason.
John Myhill