Reflexives in subject position

Dianne K. Patterson dkp at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Wed Feb 16 16:25:51 UTC 2000

You remind me that in the UK "themselves" is the preferred term for
referring to little people (elves and fairies)...I imagine the term can be
used in subject position...and I wonder if it has anything to do with the
humor in referring to ones wife that way...

Dianne