formal/functional

Gerald van Koeverden gvk at ciaccess.com
Sat Feb 26 16:04:23 UTC 2000

Is "functionality" descriptive of the interaction between "form" and
"content"??

In philosphy, there has always been a debate over form vs. content.

You can easily separate out between them in 'comprehension,' in
thought.

The problem is you can't 'apprehend' one without the other.  In order
to apprehend anything, you have to experience it as a whole, through a
union of form and content.

Arguing that one is real and the other isn't, is analogous to arguing
thatlight is wave-like not photon-like, or vice versa, as physicists did
previous to Einsteinian physics and Compton's proof of the dual nature
of
light...

Where does "functionality" fit?  I suggest it is how "form" and
"content" interact in apprehension, and how we try to explicitly define
the nature of that interaction in our comprehension of our
apprehensions!

gerald van koeverden