Extraterrestrial linguistics

Noel Rude nrude at UCINET.COM
Sat Nov 4 00:11:43 UTC 2000

Greetings,

    Your request brought to mind -- maverick that I am -- the writings of
today's "Design Theorists".  What they're trying to do is define the
fingerprint (one might say) of a mind, be it human, extraterrestrial, or
God.  Though we may dislike the implications of their efforts (i.e.
demolishing Darwin), their work is significant and -- I believe -- worth
noting in such a class as you are about to teach.  Of particular interest
would be William Dembski's recent, "The Design Inference" (or some such
title), published in the Cambridge Mathematical Series.

    Noel