Assumptions about Communication/Cool Hand Luke

Gerald van Koeverden gvk at ciaccess.com
Sun Feb 25 23:07:09 UTC 2001

Suzette,

Obviously, whether or not consumers are brain-washed into buying the product has
absolutely nothing with their esthetic appreciation of the commercials themselves
as being tacky or tasteful.  I agree with that totally.  What I'm I'm trying to
get at is the under-lying unconscious emotional dynamics that do the real work of
selling.

Why do you think those ads work?  Or are you totally mystified by the phenomena?
Maybe these companies are buying billions of dollars annually for advertising for
nothing?

gerry