Funknet administration

Matt Shibatani matt at RICE.EDU
Thu Feb 21 15:44:07 UTC 2002

Dear Funknetters:

    Tom's is right about the Funknet affiliation (if informal) with the
Linguistics Department at Rice University since the administrative
responsibility was passed onto Spike Gildea while he was teaching here.
After Spike left Rice for Oregon in the fall of 2000, Michael Barlow, who
was co-owner of Funknet with Spike, has been running the list. I know Tom
appreciates Michael's activities on behalf of Funknet over the years and
would want to join me in thanking him for his service in maintaining the list.
    Now that the Rice Linguistics Department is willing to provide the
official, permanent home to Funknet, I am going to meet with Michael and
other members of the Rice Linguistics Department to work out how we can
handle the future administration of the list at Rice and how best we can
serve the community of functional linguists.  You will be hearing from us
shortly.

All the best,
Matt