call for papers

Rebecca Chism rlchism at KENT.EDU
Mon Jun 24 03:42:56 UTC 2002

Colleagues

I am editing a special issue of _Academic Exchange Quarterly_ an
international journal dedicated to the presentation of ideas research,
methods, and pedagogical theories leading to effective instruction and
learning regardless of level or subject.

The topic of the special issue is "The Teaching of Literature and =
Culture."
I am looking for articles dealing with theoretical and practical methods =
of
the teaching of literature and/or culture, how technology can be used =
for the
teaching of literature/culture, student attitudes towards =
literature/culture,
the role of literature in various disciplines, how culture can influence =
the
learning process, the future of literary/cultural studies, ethical =
issues
concerning the teaching of literature/culture, and the assessment of
literary/cultural learning.

http://rapidintellect.com/AEQweb/win0222.htm

The articles should be 1500-3000 words long. Because of the =
interdisciplinary
nature of our journal, no single format or manuscript style is required. =
The
articles may be submitted by MS Word or postal mail. Although the =
deadline
for submission is October 1, 2002, early submissions will be given =
special
consideration.

For submission information, go to the following URL:

http://www.higher-ed.org/AEQ/rufen1.htm

Rebecca L. Chism, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Foreign Language Pedagogy
Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies
109 Satterfield Hall
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44224
rlchism at kent.edu