positiion announcement: assistant professor of Linguistics/Applied Linguistics

Wendy Smith wsmith at CSUSB.EDU
Sat Oct 26 01:04:22 UTC 2002

Please Post and Disseminate:

Assistant Professor of English (Applied Linguistics/TESL)
California State University, San Bernardino
Department of English, 5500 University Parkway, San Bernardino, CA 92407

We expect to hire a tenure-track, assistant professor in applied linguistics, effective Fall 2003. Fields of specialization are open, but preference will be given to ESL testing and assessment, child language acquisition, ESL listening and speaking, corpus linguistics or a comparable area. We are seeking a colleague to teach a variety of undergraduate and M.A.-level courses in linguistics and TESL. He/she may also be asked to teach undergraduate ESL composition. Ph.D. required. Normal teaching load is three classes per quarter. Starting salaries are nationally competitive and commensurate with qualification and experience. Please send a letter and vita by November 12 to Philip Page, Chair, English Department, California State University, 5500 University Parkway, San Bernardino, CA 92407. California State University is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diversified workforce.