Hoax/forgery

Ellen F. Prince ellen at CENTRAL.CIS.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jan 23 03:22:58 UTC 2003

Just for everyone's information, this is the first thing I've sent
to Funknet in a long time and, when I do send mail, it is all text --
I receive attached files only in extraordinary circumstances (using
a mail system that I keep just for that purpose) and I have never
sent an attached file. With me, what you see is what you get. ;)

Sooooo, any virus appearing to have come from my address was a
forgery. Hope nobody had any damage from it.

If someone still has a copy of the virus-laden message, I would
be grateful if you could forward it to me so I can ask my sysop to
look at the headers for possible clues. Thanks. (Again, fear not --
I'd be receiving it as a nonexecutable text message, which is harmless.)

Ellen Prince