THIRD INTERNATIONAL CONTRASTIVE LINGUISTICS CONFERENCE: FIRST CALL
María Ángeles Gómez González
iadimly at USC.ES
Sat Jan 25 04:23:13 UTC 2003
APOLOGIES FOR DUPLICATE SUBMISSIONS!!!
WE'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD CIRCULATE THIS CALL
The Third International Contrastive Linguistics Conference, Santiago de Compostela
( I C L C - 3 )
23rd-26th September 2003
First Call Deadline: 01-Feb-2003 (to be extended)
Web Site: http://www.ccietic.usc.es/iclc3
Contact Person: Andrew Rollings
Meeting Email: iaarolli at usc.es
FIRST CIRCULAR: CALL FOR PAPERS
- We are pleased to announce that the Third International Contrastive Linguistics Conference (ICLC-3) will be held from Tues. 23rd to Fri. 26th September 2003, in the Philology Faculty of Santiago University, Spain.
- As in our previous conferences, papers of a contrastive nature are welcome, particularly in the following subject areas:
Linguistic Description (grammar, lexico-semantics, phonetics, phonology, etc), Discourse Analysis, Pragmatics, Rhetoric, Translation Studies, Cross-Cultural Studies, Second Language Acquisition, and Languages for Specific Purposes.
- Papers will have a maximum duration of 20 minutes (2500 words). To ensure maximum intelligibility among the audience, they should be presented preferably in either English or Spanish (Castilian), but they may if necessary be presented in French, German or Galician.
- If you wish to take part, please send us an abstract before 1st February 2003.
The following should be noted:
- A participant can only present one paper, except that a maximum of two may be presented, provided both are co-authored.
- The maximum number of named authors/participants per paper will be three.
- Please let us emphasize the following:
In order to be accepted, abstracts MUST be written, presented and sent EXACTLY as indicated below.
Section 1: Full name (including academic title or other style of address)
of author or authors
(Some correspondence might be addressed only to the first named)
Section 2: E-mail address , followed by postal address(es)
* Please make quite sure that both of these items are given fully and correctly!
Section 3: University or other institution, and affiliation(s) (state whether professor,
lecturer, other researcher, or doctoral student)
Section 4: Research Area: please indicate which one (or more) of the above subject-
area labels best applies to your paper
Section 5: Title of paper
Section 6: Abstract. This must be single-spaced, not more than 10 lines long,
and in the language in which the paper will be presented. (Do not include bibliography.)
- Each 'section' will begin a new line.
- Abstracts MUST be sent by e-mail, as Word attachments, to: iaarolli at usc.es
- Under "subject", only write "abstract".
- Please name the attachment as follows: ICLC-3 plus your full name.
- Please use, if possible, the form included at the end of this Circular. This circular, including the form, will soon be available on-line (see below).
- The Conference fee will be 90 euros, to be paid before 31st March 2003.
- If paid between 1st April and the week of the Conference, it will be 115 euros.
- The fee is due from each named author.
- For undergraduate students, the fee will be 30 euros, to be paid any time before the Conference.
- After a blind refereeing processs, those papers that fulfil the requirements of presentation, originality and scientific rigour will be selected for publication by the Selection Committee.
- We regret that a further fee of 30 euros will have to be charged for each paper accepted for publication (whether co-authored or not), as a contribution towards publication and postage costs.
We look forward to your participation.
Kind regards from
The Organising Committee.
University tel. no.: +34 981 57 53 40
(or: +34 981 59 44 88 for direct dialling of extensions)
Faculty fax no.: +34 981 57 46 46
Contact details of individual Committee members:
Co-ordinators: tel. extension: e-mail:
Dr. Luís Iglesias-Rábade 118 97 iarabade at usc.es
Dr. Andrew Rollings 118 39 iaarolli at usc.es
Dr. Susana Doval-Suárez 118 91 iasdoval at usc.es
Dr. Mª de los Ángeles Gómez-González 118 56 iadimly at usc.es,http://web.usc.es/~iadimly
Elsa Mª González-Alvarez 120 09 iaelsa at usc.es
Other committee members:
Dr. Mª Teresa Sánchez-Roura 118 89 iatroura at usc.es
Dr. Cristina Mourón-Figueroa 118 32 iacrismf at usc.es
Dr. Teresa Moralejo-Gárate 24714 iamora at usc.es
Antonio Álvarez-Rodríguez 244 46 aalvarez at lugo.usc.es
Dr. Laura Pino-Serrano 118 77 filaura at usc.es
Mª José Domínguez-Vázquez 118 34 majodomi at usc.es
Dr. Luís Iglesias-Rábade
Facultad de Filología
Universidad de Santiago
Avda. de Castelao, s/n
E - 15782 Santiago de Compostela.
Website of English Department (with link, in due course, for ICLC-3): http://www.usc.es/ia303/benvidag.htm
Abstract Proposal Form
1. Name: ________ __________________________ _______________________
Prof. Dr Mr First name(s) Surname(s)
Miss Ms Mrs
4. Research area (please write X where appropriate):
- Linguistic Description:
grammar _____ lexico-semantics _____ phonetics _____
phonology _____ other (specify) ____________________
- Discourse Analysis _____ Pragmatics _____ Rhetoric _____
Translation Studies _____ Cross-Cultural Studies _____
Second Language Acquisition _____ Languages for Specific Purposes _____
Other (if none of the above apply)_________________________________________
5. Title of Paper:
6. Abstract: (max. 10 lines)
Dr María de los Ángeles Gómez-González
Tenured Lecturer in English
University of Santiago de Compostela
Avda. Castelao s/n
E-15704 Santiago de Compostela. Compostela.
Tel: +34 981 563100 Ext. 11856
Fax: +34 981 574646
email: iadimly at usc.es
personal website: http://www.ccietic.usc.es/~iadimly/
research team website: http://www.ccietic.usc.es/scimitar/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Funknet