HELP!

John Myhill john at research.haifa.ac.il
Tue Apr 13 09:11:46 UTC 2004

Dear Funknetters,
I have a problem I have never encountered before in teaching. I am teaching
introductory phonetics this semester, and one of my students is blind.
She says there is no Braille system for the phonetics symbols, and it
seems to me that this is likely to be true.
She has no idea of what the symbols look like and I don't even know how
to explain to her. The students normally do a lot of transcription. Do any
of you have any idea of how to deal with this problem? I'm completely
stumped. Thanks very very much for any help you can give.
John Myhill