"to teach" -- help request.

tzur sayag tzurs at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 27 22:05:02 UTC 2004

Hello,
I'm not sure this is applicable for this list, I was referred by someone, if this is not the place for such a post, please excuse my ignorance.

Ok, here's the deal,
We're interested in different terms/words that mean "to teach " in  as many languages as possible.
The concept of teaching has many other terms in English that have slightly (or not so slightly) different meanings,  for example, the following terms all have something to do with
"teach":
Teach
Educate
Instruct
Indoctrinate
Tutor
Explain
Show
Demonstrate
Discipline
Inform
Coach
Edify
Prepare
Inculcate
(three vertical dots)...

If people from different languages can please help us gather information about these terms (along with their meaning which Is what we're actually after), we would be super grateful.

If you care to reply, but do not want to spend an hour over this, please pick one or two words in your language, any bit of information would be mostly appreciated.

I'm not sure I'm clear about how this list works, if the replies go to the list (which I'm now subscribed to) it fine, or if you want to send it directly to my email (tzurs-at-post-ddot-tau--ddot-ac-ddot-il (-at-=@, -ddots-=.) , please do so,

Again, sorry if this is not the correct list, All the best & happy new year, -tzurs