sociolinguistic studies on like

clements clements at indiana.edu
Thu Feb 19 14:36:36 UTC 2004

Does anyone know of sociolinguistic studies on 'like', especially taking
into consideration gender and frequency of use?

Clancy

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Carlos M Nash wrote:

> As a follow up to Suzanne's e-mail, I think
> she meant the following.
>
> Like Is, like, Focus
> Robert Underhill
> American Speech, Vol. 63, No. 3. (Autumn, 1988), pp. 234-246.
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
> Carlos

> Carlos M Nash, BA and MA in Linguistics (Rice University)
> PhD student in Linguistics (UCSB)
> carlosn at alumni.rice.edu
> 'Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!'
> Kenneth Williams as Julius Caesar in _Carry on Cleo_.

	J. Clancy Clements
	Director of Undergraduate Studies, HISP
	Director of the Hispanic Linguistics Program
	Department of Spanish and Portuguese, BH844, IU-B
	1020 East Kirkwood Avenue
	Bloomington, IN 47401  USA
	Tel 812-855-8612
	Fax 812-855-4526