"vague you" and "vague they" constructions

sanso at humnet.unipi.it sanso at humnet.unipi.it
Fri Mar 26 14:51:13 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm currently investigating "vague you" and "vague they" constructions in
some European languages from a typological point of view, and I was
wondering if anyone could supply some references (particularly welcome are
studies devoted to a single language, as well as studies concerned with
the semantics/pragmatics of such constructions in real texts). Please
write directly to me and I will share results if there are interesting

Thanks in advance

Andrea Sanso'
Dipartimento di Linguistica
Universita' di Pavia, Italy