Conference in Santa Barbara ?

Carmen Jany cjany at umail.ucsb.edu
Wed Nov 24 23:16:26 UTC 2004

Dear Danielle Cyr,

below please find the call for papers for the Workshop on American Indigenous
Languages, to be held at UC Santa Barbara, April 21-23, 2005.

Best wishes,

Carmen Jany

CALL FOR PAPERS
Workshop on American Indigenous Languages
Santa Barbara, CA
April 21-23, 2005

The Linguistics department at the University of California, Santa Barbara
announces its eighth annual Workshop on American Indigenous Languages (WAIL),
which provides a forum for the discussion of theoretical and descriptive
studies of the indigenous languages of the Americas.

Anonymous abstracts are invited for talks on any topic in linguistics. Talks
will be 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion. Individuals may
submit abstracts for one single and one co-authored paper. Abstracts should be
500 words or less and can be submitted by hard copy or email. Please indicate
your source(s) of data in the abstract.

For co-authored papers, please indicate who plans to present the paper as well
as who will be in attendance.

For email submissions, include the abstract as an attachment. Please limit your
abstracts to the following formats: PDF, RTF, or Microsoft Word document.

Include the following information in the body of the email message: (1) your
name; (2) affiliation; (3) mailing address; (4) phone number; (5) email
address; (6) title of your paper.

Send email submissions to:
     wail at linguistics.ucsb.edu

For hard copy submissions, please send five copies of your abstract, along with
a 3x5 card with the information from the body of the email.

Send hard copy submissions to:
     Workshop on American Indigenous Languages
     Department of Linguistics
     University of California, Santa Barbara
     Santa Barbara, CA 93106

DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ABSTRACTS:
January 15, 2005
Notification of acceptance will be by email by February 15, 2005.

General Information: Santa Barbara is situated on the Pacific Ocean near the
Santa Yñez Mountains. The UCSB campus is located near the Santa Barbara
airport. Participants may also fly into LAX airport in Los Angeles, which is
approximately 90 miles southeast of the campus. Shuttle buses run between LAX
and Santa Barbara. Information about hotel accommodations will be posted on the
web.

For further information contact the conference coordinator at
     wail at linguistics.ucsb.edu or (805) 893-3776,
or check out our website under 'events' at
     http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu

Quoting dcyr at yorku.ca:

--
Carmen Jany