The 29th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development

Boston University Conference on Language Development langconf at bu.edu
Thu Sep 16 16:59:35 UTC 2004

The 29th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development
will be held at Boston University, November 5-7, 2004. Our invited
speakers are:

Elizabeth S. Spelke, Harvard University
"Language and Core Knowledge"
Keynote address, Friday, November 5 at 8:00 pm

Ken Wexler, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
"Beauty and Awe: Language Acquisition as High Science"
Plenary address, Saturday, November 6 at 5:45 pm

Michael Tomasello, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
and
Stephen Crain, University of Maryland - College Park
"Where does grammar come from? A debate on the nature of child language
acquisition"
Lunchtime symposium, Saturday, November 6 at 12:00 pm

The full conference schedule, with 87 papers and 44 posters, is
available at:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/schedule.htm

Pre-registration for BUCLD 29 is now available at:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/prereg.htm

More information about BUCLD is available at our website:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD

We look forward to seeing you at BUCLD 29.

Sincerely,
Alejna Brugos, Rossie Clark-Cotton, and Seungwan Ha
BUCLD 29 Co-organizers