Announcement for The 15th JK conference

下谷 麻記 mshimotani at wisc.edu
Sat Aug 20 15:56:24 UTC 2005

Dear all,

The 15th Japanese/Korean Linguistics Conference will be held at
University of Wisconsin-Madison on schedule:

Date: OCTOBER 7th-9th, 2005.
Place: The Pyle Center at UW-Madison
Conference website: http://imp.lss.wisc.edu/jk15conference/JK15index.htm

The conference program and the presentation abstracts are now available
at the JK15 website:
http://imp.lss.wisc.edu/jk15conference/JKprogram.htm

In conjunction with the 15th Japanese/Korean Linguistics Conference,
we are also holding the PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP as sheduled below:

Date: Thursday, October 6th, 2005
Time: 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.

For more details about the pre-conference workshop, please see:
http://imp.lss.wisc.edu/jk15conference/JKpreworksop.htm

The due for EARLY REGISTRATION is approaching!
It is SEPTEMBER 1st. To register for the conference and the
pre-conference
workshop, please see:
http://imp.lss.wisc.edu/jk15conference/JKregistration.htm

For accommodation, 35 rooms have been blocked at the Lowell Center for
JK15
participants. And, 9 rooms are still available at this time of Friday,
8/19. However,
please note that unoccupied rooms will be RELEASED to the public on
Thursday, SEPTEMBER 8th (8:00 a.m) at Madison time.

We hope that as many of you as possible can attend the JK15 conference
and
the pre-conference workshop and share your ideas with us about
the two languages. We are also very much looking forward to seeing you
all
at JK15 in October in Madison, Wisconsin.

Maki Shimotani

Maki Shimotani
Ph.D. program in Japanese Linguistics
Dept. of East Asian Languages and Literature
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1269 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706