Conference announcement and Call for papers

Ana Ibanez ana.ibanezm at dfm.unirioja.es
Wed Dec 21 16:46:24 UTC 2005

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

XXI INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE YOUNG LINGUISTS ASSOCIATION (ASOCIACIÓN DE JÓVENES LINGÜISTAS –AJL)

Dear colleagues,

	The Organizing Committee of the next AJL Conference is pleased to announce its XXI edition, which will take place at the University of La Rioja (UR) in Logroño (Spain) during the days 26, 27 and 28 of April 2006. All works related to the thematic panels in which our recent conferences have been divided are welcome. This event is being organized by the young members of the Department of Modern Languages and of the Department of Hispanic and Classical Languages of the University of La Rioja.

	Until the moment, the following plenary speakers have already confirmed their participation:

	Prof. Francisco José Ruiz de Mendoza Ibáñez. University of La Rioja
	Prof. Claudio García Turza. University of La Rioja
	Prof. María Ángeles Calero. University of Lérida
	Prof.  David Singleton. Trinity College Dublin

	We invite papers for 20 minutes presentations, which would be followed by 10 minutes discussions. Contributions will be structured according to the following subject areas:

•	DISCOURSE ANALYSIS
•	DIALECTOLOGY
•	SECOND LANGUAGE TEACHING AND LEARNING
•	PHONETICS AND PHONOLOGY
•	HISTORY OF THE LANGUAGE
•	LINGUISTIC HISTORIOGRAPHY
•	LEXICOGRAPHY
•	APPLIED LINGUISTICS
•	COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS
•	DIACHRONIC LINGUISTICS
•	MORPHOLOGY
•	ONOMASTICS
•	PRAGMATICS
•	PSYCHOLINGUISTICS
•	SEMANTICS AND LEXICOLOGY
•	SINTAX
•	SOCIOLINGUISTICS
•	TRANSLATION

Submission proposals should be sent electronically to the address: ajl2006 at gmail.com from January 1st 2006 to April 1st 2006, by using the registration form that is available on the Association web page:

www.joveneslinguistas.org

	All proposals will be reviewed, and notification of acceptance will be given as soon as possible.

PUBLICATION
	At the end of their paper presentation in the Conference, authors must hand a paper copy of the last version of their work to the session chairs, together with a digital copy (in either .doc or .rtf format) for their posterior publication. For this, texts should adjust to the style norms of the journal of the Association, Interlingüística. The style norms are also available in our web page.

REGISTRATION
	Registration fees are the following:
	Member presenters: 36 €
	Non-member presenters: 42 €
	Non-members and/or non-presenter attendants: 20 €

We look forward to having you here!