"wear" and "put on"

Ruth Berman rberman at post.tau.ac.il
Thu May 12 19:00:44 UTC 2005

The same holds for Hebrew -- li-lbosh means both 'wear' and 'put', cf.
causative le-halbish 'dress someone (in something, put something
on someone), reflexive/middle le-hitlabesh  -- from the root l-b-sh.
The  non-native error mentioned at the outset of this interchange is
typical of Hebrew speakers, too
Ruth Berman