(no subject)

Danielle E. Cyr dcyr at yorku.ca
Mon May 30 18:13:15 UTC 2005

I'm currently in the process of kicking Aristotle out of linguistics too, if
only on the question of personal ranking.  My current research on the
hypothesis of TU as a first person in Algonquian languages shows that there
is no philosophical reason to put EGO as a first person in grammar.  In
Algonquian TU looks more like a first person and EGO like a second.
Conversations with linguists working on other language groups tend to
corroborate my hypothesis which I came up with in 1996. It has proned
Marie-Odile Junker (Carleton University0f Ottawa) to pursue on the same
hypothesis from a general typological perspective.  Her research confirms
mine.

Danielle E. Cyr