grammaticalization Don't misrepresent Kuhn

Diane Frances Lesley-Neuman Diane.Lesley-neuman at colorado.edu
Sun Feb 26 22:08:01 UTC 2006

I think that in linguistics and in phonology this is a big problem. I used to
get a lot of pressure not to read--just get in there and crack phonemes.  It is
part of the crisis of linguistics as a science--which I find to be quite
Balkanized, and waters are tricky to navigate.  When that hurdle is overcome
there is the aspect of competition and professional jealousy--a minefield for a
newcomer in the field.
--
Diane Lesley-Neuman, M. Ed.
Linguistics Department