"flag" for case/adposition

Östen Dahl oesten at ling.su.se
Thu Jul 13 14:12:55 UTC 2006

In Russian, prepositions can be doubled in a way that looks like incipient
case agreement. This shows up above all in genres like folklore, but here is
a beautiful example I just found on the Internet:

"...u kollegi u nashego u Andreja Shevchenko byla klassnaja citata..."
at colleague.GEN at our.GEN at Andrej.GEN Shevchenko.GEN be.PRET.F.SG
first-class quotation
'our colleague A.S. had a first-class quotation'

- Östen Dahl