Aymara's time metaphor reversed?

Gilles Fauconnier faucon at cogsci.ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 16 15:57:35 UTC 2006

Hi Andrew,

You're quite right, there are more mappings available in English (and
other languages).  In the article below, we've looked at a wider range of
data (including the case you point out).  We argue, among other things,
that the SPACE-TIME mapping is not primitive, but emergent in more
elaborate integration networks.

http://www.cogsci.ucsd.edu/~faucon/RethinkingMetaphor19f06.pdf

(also accessible from http://blending.stanford.edu )

Gilles